Kalimantan Gold Corporation Limited (the "Company") is a Bermuda corporation.
After several previous corporate reorganizations, the Company, effective September 28, 1995, became AWG America Westjava Inc. ("AWG"). On May 3, 1996 the Company completed an Ontario court and shareholder approved plan of arrangement with Kalimantan Minerals Ltd., a private corporation indirectly holding mineral property interests in Indonesia, and involving AWG, an Ontario public company and AWG's wholly-owned subsidiary 1170295 Ontario Limited ("Subco") pursuant to which:
1) AWG's common shares were consolidated on a one for three (1:3) basis;
2) Subco amalgamated with Kalimantan Minerals Ltd. under the Ontario Business Corporation Act to form an amalgamated company named "Kalimantan Minerals Ltd.";
3) AWG issued common shares to the shareholders of Kalimantan Minerals Ltd.;
4) Kalimantan Minerals Ltd. became a wholly owned subsidiary of AWG;
5) AWG changed its name to Kalimantan Gold Corporation;
6) Kalimantan Gold Corporation continued from Ontario to Bermuda on October 7, 1997 and changed its name to Kalimantan Gold Corporation Limited.
Subsequent to the arrangement, Kalimantan Minerals Ltd. was eliminated in an internal corporate reorganization.
The Company's registered office is located at 4 Burnaby Street, Hamilton HM11, Bermuda, its corporate office is located at Unit 1, 15782 Marine Drive, White Rock, British Columbia, V4B 1E6 and its exploration and operations office is located at Jl. Rajawali VII, Srikandi III No. 100, Palangkaraya, Kalimantan Tengah, Indonesia 73112.
The Company is considered to be a resident of Bermuda for Canadian tax purposes. Accordingly, it will only be required to pay Canadian tax on Canadian-source income rather than on its worldwide income.
The Company's shares trade in Canadian dollars on the TSX Venture Exchange and on the AIM Exchange in British pence under the symbol KLG.